Home > Windows 8 1 > 8.1 Update Gaming Issue

8.1 Update Gaming Issue

Contents

Maybe the mouse thread doesn't have the right scheduling priority and is too slow reading processing its input? permalinkembedsavegive gold[–]Swatman 0 points1 point2 points 3 years ago(0 children)agreed. Reply Atlantean May 7, 2014 at 8:35 am The Internet Fix is excellent - Thanks so much! In the task manager its running as a background process. Source

Some games (Metro2033, Call of Prypiat) you can actually use a console command to switch to raw mouse input even though there's no menu option to do so. permalinkembedsaveparent[–]wtfisthat -4 points-3 points-2 points 3 years ago(2 children)It's too bad you need "run as administrator". I think my husband changed to use in apps and neither one of us can figure out how to change it back. Whenever I feel that that is not the case things get changed hence Metro/Modern being "lost". her latest blog

Windows 8.1 Games Compatibility List

Most Windows applications will work just fine on Windows 8. A simple tweak in this case, can help you create an acquaintance between the game and updated Windows 8. permalinkembedsaveparentgive gold[–]joyfield 1 point2 points3 points 3 years ago*(14 children)Yep.

Have you considered that this particular fix might not work for CSGO permalinkembedsaveparentgive gold[–]Puddjles 1 point2 points3 points 3 years ago(0 children)Still receiving the mouse lag with the flags set, so either the permalinkembedsavegive gold[–][deleted] 1 point2 points3 points 3 years ago(0 children)Fix for Logitech SetPoint users: In SetPoint, go to "Mouse Game Settings" and uncheck "Retain OS Settings" under Speed and Acceleration. Prajwal GopalAug 31, 2014, 9:09 AM IchigoKurosaki said: Ok, do this. Pc Game Installed But Won't Play Having problems with Google Chrome nonresponsive problems in installing windows 8.1 after installing windows 10 solved Why do I suddenly have all these problems since Windows update to 8.1?

Thank you very much for your patience,” he wrote. Windows 8.1 Problems And Solutions Please note that one or more files might fail to verify, which can be safely ignored and moved to the next file. Via a CD/DVD or a flash drive? http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-issues-windows-8-1-can-fixed/ Get the answer Bad_Kitty13Mar 5, 2014, 11:45 PM try to verify the games cache then play should fix issue then, open steam go to library, right click game in steam, go

I'm guessing it's a memory management issue, but not sure. Windows 8.1 Safe Mode I can't even open File explorer. I would like to have my Ipod server back again! Windows 8.1 became available on the Windows Store on Oct. 17, and it has run into several problems that have made it difficult or impossible at times for some users to

Windows 8.1 Problems And Solutions

When I installed W8.1 I went to type my email address and the @ key served me up with the " instead. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1981235/windows-gaming-problems.html I do not know what to do. Windows 8.1 Games Compatibility List While the mouse config said there was no delay, the registry values said there was a 750ms delay, which matched my issue. Windows 8.1 Not Working Properly Reply Ala J May 2, 2014 at 11:02 pm simple make sure that the email address u used with windows is the same one u use fort skype Reply Chandu May

Google Drive vs. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8-1/8-1-update-thank-you-all-for-your-help-please-read.html It should already be there created with installation. but whay do i have this problem only with windows8.1 ? This will cause your computer to become progressively more sluggish until eventually it crashes. Windows 8.1 Freezes Randomly

Download Now
Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP You are downloading trial software. Hope this helps others too! permalinkembedsaveparent[–]ElBeefcake -1 points0 points1 point 3 years ago(5 children)The interface... http://scanrelief.com/windows-8-1/8-1-update-fails.html I'm very disheartened.

All Rights Reserved Tom's Hardware Guide ™ Ad choices Articles & News Forum Graphics & Displays CPU Components Motherboards Games Storage Overclocking Tutorials All categories Chart For IT Pros Get Steam Download My most recent is with my wi fi. permalinkembedsaveparentgive gold[–]MarkCranness 0 points1 point2 points 3 years ago(3 children)It depends on what setting you have for the Control Panel > Pointer speed slider, whether you have 'Enhance pointer position' checkbox on or

I've had my eye on one for a year and this was all the excuse I needed.

A Secure Boot warning can be a security feature that informs you if SecureBoot was switched off. permalinkembedsaveparent[–]ElBeefcake 3 points4 points5 points 3 years ago(8 children)A lot of people disagree. Reply PEB January 15, 2015 at 4:48 am A myriad of potential reasons here Jennifer. Windows 10 I'm using an original DeathAdder with the last non-Synapse Razer driver (3.05).

I hope you guys will get a fix soon. permalinkembedsavegive gold[–]Puddjles 3 points4 points5 points 3 years ago*(14 children)Just to add to this list I'm experiencing this mouse lag in Counter-Strike Global Offensive edit and sadly I can't edit the compatibility options As it is a highly complex task, Microsoft has provided you with an appropriate tool called System File Checker, which is simple to use. Check This Out The freezing and restarting happened.

permalinkembedsaveparent[–][deleted] 2 points3 points4 points 3 years ago(0 children)I'm not even a PC gamer, but I can confirm that my mouse has been buggy since the update, specifically on the second monitor. For me, Win8 is easily the best OS on the market today, and MS's best effort to date... Internet Productivity Dropbox vs. http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/45259/windows-8-1-fix-for-mouse-lag-in-games/ In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive you can switch to Raw Input by adding m_rawinput “1″ to your autoexec.cfg file typically found in the “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg” folder.

Currently the MUO Creative Editor, formerly the Finance Editor. How can I uninstall it? Reply Daniel Price May 16, 2014 at 5:56 pm Hi Joel, try posting in MUO Answers - you'll probably get a better response there. If you don't know where it is than find its desktop shortcut > right-click the shortcut > click Properties Click Open File Location to go the game's executable file Right-click the executable

It'll be slower and less consistent than your local ISP dns servers. Good to see people finally recognizing it. Many Windows 8.1 laptops and tablets are now including these high-resolution displays, which make text easier to read and offer better image quality. I got tired of that and have been using Windows since XP through 8.1.

For a more detailed look at how to fix unresponsive native apps How To Fix Unresponsive Native Apps After Updating to Windows 8.1 How To Fix Unresponsive Native Apps After Updating The verification box will close down soon as the check completes Click OK on the Properties window to close We have described the procedure of verifying integrity by taking the example Hi thanks for your quick reply I tired whatever you said I put compatibility to all versions and checked no improvements and I updated my drivers from HP to the latest Those that do the former are currently bugged, verging on unplayable.