Home > Windows 8 1 > 8.1 Upgrade Fails

8.1 Upgrade Fails

Contents

and i tried to install, and it's still the same. Now I have a blank screen. and please don't tell me buy a disc ... I turn on my tab today telling me I have no choise excep to never restart my tab that it will update to 8.1 on next restart. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8-1/8-1-update-fails.html

The first problem was reported on the day of the launch of Windows 8.1 Update, referred to as KB 2919355 in Microsoft patch parlance.As a result, Microsoft has given enterprise customers Steve Windows 8 is so broken, and damaged that it should be destroyed. It is a shame.. Clean up the WinSxS folder: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /resetbase6. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-1-update-fails-to-install

Windows 8.1 Install Couldn't Be Completed

The Windows 8.1 setup assistant will immediately begin downloading the Windows 8.1 installer files. i had no problems with 8.1 before i restored my laptop to factory but now i wish i never botthered . Any ideas? If you do see it, then it may mean that it has been installed or that the installation is corrupted.

If you cannot genuinely give assistance, stop trying to make a fast buck with bogus links and bullshit utilities thaty I don't want and don't need. Reply Anonymous says: March 20, 2017 at 11:48 am This helped me out, thanks! It should therefore first be installed on your system before your attempt to install Windows 8.1 Update or KB2919355. Windows 8.1 Update Failed Undoing Changes Reply Ikeeg says: January 3, 2015 at 9:07 pm Thank you so much.

Didn't try Method 3 - system restore. but I am going for a clean install to avoid any kind of bugs. Reply Spock November 15, 2013 at 11:01 pm It needs to be a purchased version of 8.0, not one preinstalled with a bought pc or laptop. http://www.askvg.com/fix-problems-while-installing-or-upgrading-to-windows-8-1/ I wonder if they will fix the store upgrade with Update 2?

Microsoft simply do not want too many users saving 8 or 8.1 as an iso or on to disc for fear of increased piracy. Windows 8.1 This App Wasn't Installed Note that you can’t click the Install Windows 8.1 option, yet. also ican install win 7 successfully but no win 8.1. GIVE ME BACK MY WINDOWS VISTA!

Something Happened Windows 8.1 Installation Failed

Pls another solution… Reply Slaydeuk says: January 18, 2014 at 4:08 pm This seemed the most promising of the many suggestions I have tried, but the same thing happened and Windows error code 0x80240031'. Windows 8.1 Install Couldn't Be Completed Reply michele says: April 26, 2015 at 11:33 am Thank you! Windows 8.1 Setup Has Failed To Determine Supported Install Choices But some people are unable to see Windows 8.1 update in Windows 8 Store.

Open Search by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer said screw it and switched to the ps3 and left it. You can install with a generic 8.1 product code and then activate with your 8.0 code. couldn't access safe mode or any option with F8 used so put the install disk in and when to cmd tried chkdsk, sfc offline with windows and boot nothing ended up Windows 8.1 Won't Install

an disable your antivirus software. Once more I see numerous download links that get me to 'click here to download' or 'remove malware' or 'start download free' or 'fix windows update'. VG ^^ You can try alternate way by downloading and installing offline ISO file manually without using the official media creation tool. have a peek here Reply Happy now says: July 17, 2014 at 3:27 am BTW, they have a Dixons here too that purports to deal with tech http://www.dixonsretail.com/ Wish they were as helpful as you

No error number at all. Windows 8.1 Won't Find Updates Going all out, not worried about price, figure that it is more cost effective to load up one high end pc than multiple pc's. This resolved the problem on my fresh install + updates on Dell Vostro 2420.

the installer always returns error 0x80240004.

Many things have stopped working, including the Touchscreen. Reply Corey says: June 27, 2015 at 8:23 am Thanks Reply Dave says: June 27, 2015 at 1:09 pm You're a genius, get yourself a beer 😀 Reply Bob Hyatt says: Reply Seldomane says: November 6, 2014 at 7:02 pm Worked, but this is really stupid. Windows Is Getting Your Windows 8.1 Upgrade Ready Reply Anonymous says: March 20, 2017 at 11:48 am Works!

It never fails, everytime I do a update or an upgrade, I always have to deal with some type of stupid error. Once you install all Windows updates, restart your computer and now you should be able to download and install Windows 8.1 through Windows Store without any problem. And all the problems back !!!! Check This Out Reply Dominic Dimarda says: May 4, 2014 at 6:12 pm Simple?

The offer to "refresh" was way too easy to initiate and, for a newbie user who actually believed the "no files would be affected", quite upsetting. This one is also very informative. It says downloading 0% then flashes to an error message and from what ive gathered online a bogus error code. Chris Hoffman's post was perfect since it was the solution to my exact situation.

Researched and I have a build in mind but with all the controversy 8.1 has thrown out there... Reply Vatsal says: October 18, 2014 at 7:06 am Cheers man. Windows 8 booted as per usual, I went to the store and it worked. Thank you for such clear and concise help!

Noyed February 17, 2015 at 9:46 pm As usual, I have a problem with my computer and some *%^$hole tries to use my plight to install crap on my system and On EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GDT disks."....please tell me a solution to overcome this problem Cosy hi, On my Samsung New series 9 laptop (thin 13" with i mean power shell, whats the power all about? pls help Ron trying to upgrade to 8.1, from 8.

Method 2: Run Windows update troubleshooter. Reply Ravi Teja says: December 9, 2014 at 5:48 pm Worked!!! Now the damn thing won't upgrade. After trying various suggestions without success i discovered that when I changed the account from a local account to a microsoft account the installation worked fine, therefore it had nothing to

However, I done all other updates and it was still hanging up. Reply Srinath V says: July 28, 2015 at 5:19 pm Thanks, worked like a charm . . ! Reply joan says: December 16, 2013 at 7:26 pm Grrreat!!