Home > Windows 8 > 1 Of 3 USB Ports Stopped Working Post Windows 8.1 Upgrade

1 Of 3 USB Ports Stopped Working Post Windows 8.1 Upgrade

Contents

usb device update usb 3.0 but my device support usb 2.0 . I had difficulty downloading and running dds (it runs... Switched it so they don't cut power and it works now. Eventually I tried removing the tablet screen from the keyboard, plugged it back in, instant success!!! http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/apps-stopped-working-and-reinstall-windows-8-pro-64-bit.html

If I unplug it and put it in another port it begins to work again but will inevitably stop working again. MOBO Asus P8Z68-V-Pro. 2X USB on the back of the mobo still work. And whenever I try to update the USB drivers(that show a yellow sign) I get an error message that the drivers are available but windows was unable to install them. After upgrading the system to Windows 10, you find that your USB device cannot connect to your PC.

Usb Driver For Windows 8.1 Download

I've uninstalled all USB drivers and had them auto-resintall on boot. Reply Nigel says: April 9, 2016 at am7:36 Go into the Bios and try turning off Legacy support for USB. Resolve my problem with turning off e Auto Off function.

Read more Register · Log In HP Support Forum Home > Desktops > OS/Recovery > USB ports not working after Windows 8.1 upgrade Search the Community Now let's see if it works tomorrow. My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Windows 10 Usb Troubleshooter If you don't find it there, you can expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Boy, that was irritating. Windows 8.1 Usb Device Not Recognized Navigate here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\\Device Parameters Substitute the Device Instance Path part (after USB\) obtained from the step 3. 6. I've tried a resintall of W8.1 today and still not working. For the first few minutes it was all working ok and I...

I used your SOLUTION #2 and turned off the power mgmt on 3 USB root hubs so lets see if that works. Usb Ports Not Working Windows 8 Hp Laptop In Device Manager, expand Other devices and Universal Serial Bus controllers. 2. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, Right click any of virtual drive, then you can Disable, or uninstall them. To find the one from the list for which you have an issue, you have to follow the trial and error method.

Windows 8.1 Usb Device Not Recognized

I'm not getting much on the Dell forums for this. http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19598704 When it powered up - all USB's were recognizing devices and wireless mouse. Usb Driver For Windows 8.1 Download i dont have the money to buy the upgraded version. Usb Drivers For Windows 8.1 64 Bit J.Z Reply Dolz says: July 27, 2016 at pm10:38 Hi.

Can you Please, if you can, share how you came to the solution??? this contact form A few steps later, it was - and Viola! Now have a keyboard & mouse but two front USB drivers work. Simple restart does not work. Windows Usb Troubleshooter

Username Forum Password I've forgotten my password Remember me This is not recommended for shared computers Sign in anonymously Don't add me to the active users list Privacy Policy

Once I disabled and enabled it, all was good. If you use the Paid version to try resolving the problem but the problem persists, you can contact us for further assistance. Paid version offers 30-day money back guarantee. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/can-t-reinstall-windows-8-upgrade.html Your suggestion worked perfectly!

Computer Type Laptop OS W8 Quote 1 of 3 USB Ports Stopped Working Post Windows 8.1 Upgrade « Previous Thread | Next Thread » Forum Windows 8 Forums Drivers & Hardware Usb Driver For Windows 8.1 32 Bit Site Changelog Community Forum Software by IP.Board Sign In Use Facebook Use Twitter Need an account? Talked to Lenovo tech and the recommendation was to revert to Windows 7.

It will not recognize my key board or mouse after Windows loads up..

Moore says: March 18, 2016 at am4:19 The chipset drivers that the manufacture installed were wiped out, go to their webpage and download the proper chipset drivers for your computer then I tried some stuff in another post and it did not work. Use those for the wireless devices and some backup stick USB storage to backup data. Usb Driver For Windows 8.1 Free Download USB 3.0 External Hard Drive not recognized.

And the download speed is limited. Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links TechSupportForum.com Advertisement 08-28-2014, 06:13 PM #2 Old Rich AdministratorMicrosoft MVPTeam Manager - Networking - Microsoft Support - Hardware Join Date: May 2007 Location: Back to top #5 technonymous technonymous Members 2,385 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Local time:04:39 AM Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:32 AM So it was a MSFT USB update that broke http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/a-few-windows-8-1-upgrade-questions.html Reply Dolz says: July 27, 2016 at pm10:40 Also need a solution to this too.

Reply kev says: October 13, 2016 at pm5:22 except it wont have a ps2 port if its a fairly new p.c Reply anon says: October 3, 2016 at pm3:46 Step 1: found it very useful. or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site. Only some of the ports went bad, namely my 3.0 ports.