Home > Windows 8 > 40 Minute Boot Windows 8.1 X64 Fresh Install

40 Minute Boot Windows 8.1 X64 Fresh Install

Contents

After that all is fine again. I would defrag and run CHKDSK as a first step CHKDSK /R /F Chkdsk disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found any data available It's called "Windows 8 Performance Toolkit".  Yes, this will be little tricky! G55/G75 Upgrade Notes (by @rewben)Fresh Install of Win8 Pro Over Win8 On G55 (by @Ratspootin)CLEAN WINDOWS 8 INSTALL ON GPT SSD DRIVE (G75VX) (by @gokica)G75VX WINDOWS 7 CLEAN INSTALL (by @bjurn)G75VX Source

Reply With Quote 09-21-201502:19 AM #9 Clintlgm View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC SpecsClintlgm PC SpecsLaptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and Average windows 8.1 pro install time,win 8.1 instalation time? A: Change "Genesys Logic USB3.0 card reader" driver under USB tree to "USB mass storage device" ( it should appears as a "compatible hardware" driver ). You can use this tutorial on how-to-install this tool. https://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/71919-40-minute-boot-windows-8-1-x64-fresh-install.html

Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Fix

There's no data on the machine anyway, only software. All that I find is based on my own experience and some research on Google. Many of the forums suggest you to submit your anti-virus trace logs using different programs, which may be beneficial in the rarest of cases.

In my case the startup screen of the BIOS also stays visible for more than 10 seconds, longer as on any other computer I have had before. I also disabled and enabled the "Turn on fast-startup(recommended)" at boot times to see if there was any change. How much time it will take to install windoss 8.1? Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Black Screen Granted, Linux is not Microsoft Windows but it's nice not having to use all the extra applications on top of Linux vs.

Posts : 9,531 W10Prox64 New 06 May 2016 #2 Have you tried turning off Fast Startup and giving it a few shutdowns? Windows 8 Slow Startup Fix How much time it will take to upgrade windows from 8 to 8.1? Please type your message and try again. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-(UEFI-based-installation) Just wait.

This can also affect you when trying to shuitdown as well. Startup Services To Disable In Windows 8 Time take to upgrade to windows 8.1? You can check this article on "Task Manager" to see how its done in 8 or 8.1. HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY" Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE!

Windows 8 Slow Startup Fix

Clean 8.1 OS image working on many other Dell models including the E6520. view publisher site No noticeable improvement. Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Fix This tool uses JavaScript and much of it will not work correctly without it enabled. Windows 8.1 Slow Startup And Shutdown How long does it take windows 8.1 to load on my gateway computer laptop?

I re-installed the windows couple of times, the result is same.do you have any idea about this error?thank you. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/cannot-boot-windows-8-pro-x86-unless-i-press-f12-network-boot.html Enter windows installation setup, and when you arrive at the screen where you're asked to pick a partition for the installation of the windows, pick your "WINDOWS" partitions you've created beforehand I have tried updating my BIOS (fresh from AsusTek), tethering my phone and attempting to pull updates (which fail. Typical install time windows 8.1 pro eg. Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell Slow Boot

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/ See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test. You can download DDU here Download Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta www.amd.com/beta Please temporarily disable your antivirus and internet connection and install the Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta driver Please install our Graphics Drivers following if it continues to still take a while to boot- i would suggest reseating your ram or it could be hardware. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/can-t-fresh-reformat-windows-8-on-a-laptop-with-no-cd-disk.html Asus G751JT Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME My Guides: ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST !

Click NEXT UNCHECK EVERYTHING !!!!!! ( in this 2nd screen of "Customize settings" ) Click NEXT UNCHECK EVERYTHING !!!!!! ( in this 3rd screen of "Customize settings" ) Click NEXT and Windows 8 Slow Boot Black Screen Any advice on those two errors, keeping in mind the troubleshooting already done? See also : ...

My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ...

At this point I suggest you install an Internet Security program, like FREE COMODO. It's been rolling since 10am CST and is currently 60% done. Same effect when with or without LAN connected I am thinking of Reinstalling Windows 8 with CSM mode without UEFI, but I believe that would not have any effect. Microsoft Windows 8.1 Slow Boot I just run chkdsk /r /f, as Zigzag proposed, but I had nearly the same problems as you have had: Chkdsk got stuck at 10 % for 10 minutes then the

Just had to warn ya'Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:46 PM Reply | Quote Moderator 0 Sign in to vote Thanks... It is protected against viruses by Windows Defender. Can someone tell me please how long is the duration install Windows 8.1? Check This Out This is an helpful article from Microsoft in such scenarios.

Just wait. Some of them can be safely turned to "Manual" or "Disabled". What can you do to protect yourself ? 1st KNOW THAT YOU CAN NEVER BE 100% proof, once connected to the internet. I am going off on a trip now so cannot pursue this any further for the moment - I'll just have to hope the machine stays viable, albeit slow on the

How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ! Follow this EXCELLENT guide with screenshots till STEP 10. Could I lose the operating system, or installed programs? How big should be the Windows 8 disk partition! ...

How long does the installation of Win8.1? So now I polished of the cause that it was an update problem, just like doctors do. HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY" Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE! Any way you choose, you MUST install it on a GPT formatted drive, and MUST boot the OS installation disk/usb through a "special" boot method ( I.E UEFI boot ).

Reply carf November 28, 2014 Sometimes that problem is because the correct hard drive is not on #1 boot device on your BIOS Goto BIOS (F2 or delete) Look into Bios