Home > Windows 8 > 8.0 To 8.1 Pro.bad Key

8.0 To 8.1 Pro.bad Key

Contents

And yes, I fully agree with this article that it is not cool of Microsoft to not allow an 8.1 ISO for users with Windows 8 product keys. But, every time I go to the Store and try to download, it just states that it's downloading but never does anything... Neither of these issues makes any sense at all. without the battery.

James Kisia I just finished installing windows 8.1 pro and after sometime, the screen went blank... If you're downloading this before you've reinstalled Windows, copy them to your USB drive for later. A valid Windows 8.1 (not Windows 8) product key. I complete the installation with the blocked windows 8.1 pro product key and then later I changed the key with the windows 8 pro production key.

Windows 8.1 Product Key Not Working

It says word for word: Activate Windows Go to Settings to Activate Windows Because it was activated before, for several years I'd like to add, I have gone through and attempted Then, I was able to activate it via the phone option. Page: 1 2 Next → Andrew Cunningham Andrew has a B.A.

I was having trouble installing 8.1 on my HP laptop through the Windows Store (kept getting black screen after it had rebooted and gone to 100% on the Windows logo screen). But that's exactly what Microsoft does. Everything is working and all the original 8.0 drivers seem to load just fine. Windows 8.1 Won't Activate close WindowsWindows 10 Windows RT Windows 8 Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP MobileWindows Phone Mobile Devices CloudOneDrive Outlook.com Skype Windows Server Office Music & Videos GamesXbox 360 Xbox One

It's a bit tedious with all the characters you have to enter. Windows 8.1 Not Accepting Product Key place the disk on you dvd drive while is on. Debbie I tried to upgrade to 8.1 after purchasing a new computer. Naturally, neither Key works.

Here was their answer. This Product Key Didn't Work. Please Check It And Try Again Thank you. Microsoft didn't even get changing to their preferred IE correct, they just left it broken. The ‘Get Windows 10 App' Indicates My License is not Activated: Again, you must ensure you are running a genuine activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.

Windows 8.1 Not Accepting Product Key

I've tried half a dozen things to fix this, with the same results every time. http://www.askvg.com/fix-windows-8-genuine-product-key-doesnt-work-for-windows-8-1-clean-installation/ Save the file and run the Windows 8.1 setup again. Windows 8.1 Product Key Not Working Ask a new question Read More Windows 8 Lenovo Related Resources solved Should I upgrade from Win7 to 8.1 Pro? Windows 8 Activation Key Not Working After repeatedly declining the 8.1 install, I'm now receiving prompts to restart my computer, or select 1, 2, or 4 hour wait before restarting, to complete the installation.

My primary question is all the work arounds are for people who bought windows 8 as retail version. I have no idea what has happened but now my computer is no longer activated, will this effect my software validity or what? I have also used process to activate wayward copies of Windows 10. Search through over 5000+ Articles! Windows 8.1 Generic Product Key

Windows 8 installed without a hitch previously. They usually opt to include a restore partition, and that restore image usually has all the same crapware in it that shipped with the PC in the first place. There is no need to know your Windows 10 product key; see ‘Understanding Product Activation in Windows 10: Product Activation in Windows 10 In previous Windows releases, when you installed an If you are facing these problems, check out following tutorial: How to Re-Download Windows 8 Setup Without Purchasing it Again Using Upgrade Assistant?

XSS (Les) Hi VG. Activate Windows 8.1 With Windows 8 Key I looked at the Windows 10 DVD that I was using to upgrade from and it was Win 10 Pro. To restore my email opening links in Firefox I had to first change the assignment to another browser entirely.

A few common links: An alternate Web browser like Chrome or Firefox A PDF reader like Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader (Windows 8.1 includes a PDF reader, but it works only

Therefore I Clean install using Windows 8 1st. The product key is the same and you should find it inside the Win 8.1 packaging. The upgrade process asked about keeping personal files, apps and Windows Settings. Windows 7 Product Key Doesn't Work What I would like to do is just download the ISO, blow away the whole laptop OS, and re-install Windows 8.1 as a fresh OS.

thanks Hideki Yamamoto Here is some other info The store closes unexpectedly and restart offering the windows 8.1 update again on the left. There were talks around saying Microsoft is giving away free windows activation this time. Bill Install of Windows 8.1 from the Store failed and error message "Couldn't install Windopws 8.1 - You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive from Setup" appears. I resolved the issue with making a bootable disk to to the Windows install.

The configuration above is supported by Windows installer and is well documented by Microsoft and can also be used on some other versions of Windows as well. I tried everything, and ended up just having to stop file history, and then create a totally new file history backup from my laptop to the drive shared by my desktop. Login or register to post comments squanto on Oct 18, 2013 Upgrade from fresh 8.0 install is a pain too. I've managed to get 15 year old printers to install, yes it in those extreme cases you may require an expert, but get a real one, or bring it here and