Home > Windows 8 > 8.0 To 8.1 Update Fails At Restart Shutting Down Machine

8.0 To 8.1 Update Fails At Restart Shutting Down Machine

Contents

This morning it seemed as if it booted in restart mode. My laptop is an Acer and is six years old... The main issue I noticed was with installing windows updates. This is just a shot in the dark hope it works for you. Source

Read More . I have windows 8 pro... Its like "secure boot" is "stuck" on or something. It then turns off and on again, and as soon as Windows tries to boot up the same error message. https://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68055-8-0-8-1-update-fails-restart-shutting-down-machine.html

Windows 8.1 Not Shutting Down

Then use the following command: dism /image:C:\ /remove-package/PackageName:Package_for_insert_exact_package_name_here Example: dism /image:C:\ /remove-package/PackageName:Package_for_KB2976897~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0 After removing the update, try to reboot and fingers crossed all will be well. Then it does a restore back to 8.0 it has done this twice... MAC Reply Jan Hall August 19, 2014 at 6:01 pm I run Windows 7 64-bit and I wish this article had come out a week ago. All rights reserved.Newsletter|Contact Us|Privacy Statement|Terms of Use|Trademarks|Site Feedback ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://0.0.0.5/ Connection to 0.0.0.5

This problem was driving me crazy swat wow, so happy it worked................. It seems to me that Microsoft is just becoming money hungry. The answer to the "never completely shutting down" problem could rest in the BIOS, if the above advice didn't work for you. Windows 8 Shutdown Problem This is not as easy as they made it sound.

I had no joy with the DISM, but this one worked and did some repairsDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthTry it, then run SFC again to see if it runs clear xero99Feb 18, Windows 8 Not Shutting Down Completely Is it trying to tell me that it is time to buy a new one? Perhaps try disabling the Adapter in Networking and Sharing to see if the machine shuts down normally with it off...then you know you're in the right area... http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-1-update-fails-to-install Likewise when I tried to update and install apps, what I could see is the word "?pending", nothing else.

Under advanced there are things like shut down wake on lan an energy efficient ethernet which are enabled and i'm not sure what they do but theres no clear power saving Windows 8.1 Won't Shut Down Completely After removing the offending updates (see below), you can restore the registry file, the support page explains how this is done. Why can't a modern operating system? akuma6099Jan 18, 2015, 10:02 PM I have ran into this and have fixed the issue on a Samsung series 5 520u4c.

Windows 8 Not Shutting Down Completely

You could also try File History for managing file versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/cant-restart-nor-shutdown-windows-8/d3ba9ef4-6916-4b70-b3ba-914822eb6886 palanivel my laptap also shutdown proplem DuffyDuck Tank's . Windows 8.1 Not Shutting Down Thank you! Windows 8.1 Restart Loop updates to my Win 7 desktop and 6 hours later a BSOD (on a system I built myself 3 years ago and have never had a BSOD on before.

And it is automatically get restart . http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/bsod-every-time-i-try-shutting-down-or-restarting-win8-pro.html Do post any new info you get on any possible solutions. I've tried hitting F2 or holding it down, or hammering it repeatedly, from the second the machine restarts but nothing happens. We use tons of third-party software including Atlassian Jira, HP Quality Center, SAP Business Objects, JAVA, Microsoft Visual Studio plus lots of specialized development libraries that have no non-Windows equivalent. Windows 8.1 Keeps Shutting Down

George Sorry, there I go with another solecism; I meant that for over 11 years I had mostly trouble. ZeldaTimaMar 20, 2015, 10:01 PM fivefourone said: I have a Samsung series 5 ultrabook (np540u3c), new in march lat year with Windows 8. so will it leave my program files alone and all programs will stay installed or will i have to download them again? have a peek here My windows vista laptop through 5 years, while I've never been a fan of the laptop itself or vista, has never encountered a blue screen.

However, it is also aggravating and ironic, because this Restart problem happened close to a month ago by actually downloading a Windows Update! Windows 8.1 Shutdown Problem Fix KBC Thank you so much for these instructions! The only way I can turn it off is by pressing and holding the off switch on the laptop but isn't it bad to repeatedly turn your laptop off that way?

What might I do?

I tried installing from a 8.1 disk but it want to delete everything or only keep my personal files WTF !!!. Monday, January 20, 2014 1:55 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote I too have struggled and struggled. Jesse Williams I have an Acer Aspire AX-603G Desktop with Windows 8.1 with 8.1 Update 1 installed. Windows 8.1 Shutting Down Automatically I exited from the screen and viola!, the windows screen was back on.

I meant to say that with this configuration, it goes back to having to start my Acer V3 laptop computer operating with Windows 8.1 if it is Shut Down, twice before Hope you can help... I called up the Samsung helpline and they agreed its an issue with 8.1. Check This Out Sometimes in a rush I've shut off power to it while updating or installing updates, never encountering problems with automatic, proper reinstallation afterwards.

If Microsoft won't give a solution to this problem, then Microsoft will lose lots of fans and customers. Reply shakeel khan January 9, 2015 at 3:44 pm Once I get rid of this Microsoft BS, I am purchasing a different OS. I've also tried repeatedly clicking F8 at both times as well with no result. At the C: prompt, type BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command, and hit Enter.

alen I have shut down and restart problem after I upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10.Please help Douglas Khoo it works, thanks you so so so much. Now I have to start again from 0%. solved csc.exe error on shutdown - Windows 8.1 Pro solved Windows 8.1 pro pc booots from shutdown by itself Can't find your answer ? Solved my startup problem with my Toshiba NB250 netbook.

i used it for intel core i5 pro book 6570B, running window 8 i used the command bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes it work for Thanks. ruth help didn't work ....how to fix it my problem skdeshmukh When i shut down normally the screen goes black but the lights are still on i tried disabling the turn Obviously I have no qualms about using Windows, but as with all other operating systems, it has drawbacks, yes, but it also has advantages. Nobody is even suggesting that.