Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 And Updates

8.1 And Updates

Contents

Doing so prior to updating to Windows 8.1 ensures that Windows 8, as well as your computer's hardware, is starting clean.

4. If I'm stupid, you're arguing with me, which makes you also a moron :) Have a nice day DeWayne Durrett Why are people so quick to insult others just because they Thank you for signing up. Microsoft's been consolidating patches of late -- KB 3161647 can only be installed if you're willing to accept six unrelated patches, for example. Source

Sign in Share More Report Need to report the video? Unsubscribe from DEE Z? Then ur out of business. They recognize that if they don't give it away, they risk their status as the top OS. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15356/windows-8-install-update-kb-2919355

Windows 8.1 X64 Update Download

Screenshot by Dan Graziano/CNET If you are not logged into your Microsoft account, enter the Store, go to the Charms menu, select Settings, click the "Your account" option, and sign in. However, there is a reason that Microsoft Tablets aka Surface and Windows Phones terrible fail in sales. At some point it sounds like just like complaining for the sake of complaining, but maybe I'm not quite understanding what you're wanting. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2058683/new-windows-8-1-requirements-strand-some-users-on-windows-8.html So when MS cut off support for Windows 8 in 2 years, those people will be stranded with a unsupported OS….what a way to reward loyalty lol Gene get a

Sorry There was an error emailing this page. Dan this Xplorer4x4 Nail on the head..I didn't think mouse + keyboard would work well in Metro, so I was a doubter. You can check for this via the View update history link available in Windows Update in Control Panel. Upgrade To Windows 8.1 From Windows 7 I'll have a look to see if I can find the files elsewhere.

Sign in to report inappropriate content. Windows 8.1 Update Download If you're running Windows 8,1, you must install Windows 8.1 Update to continue receiving patches after April 8, 2014.Windows 8.1 Update includes a number of user interface changes, especially for those On windows 8.1 -- EVERY TIME. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/178091-how-to-download-and-install-windows-8-1-update-1-for-free-right-now that sounds like stupidity to me.

Man, I see that crap in the search on Google too. Windows 8.1 Updates Nobody wanted a new one, and those that did want something new sure as shit didn't want one that focused on touch controls. They're playing catch up. Your opinion is yours and maybe others too, but it does not mean we that don't agree are any dumber.

Windows 8.1 Update Download

Add to Want to watch this again later? https://www.lifewire.com/windows-8-1-update-2626250 I can guarantee its not due to lack of access. Windows 8.1 X64 Update Download There was never stupidity on Microsoft's because the actual idea of Metro is a sound idea. Windows 8.1 Upgrade To Windows 10 You can just type and search on Windows 8.x, but a lot of people might not think to do that.

Naipier How many companies out there have market dominance in their respective field? Touch displays belong in the hand, not on the desk. So, for these type of people Metro as it was originally was just a change that could not be overcome. See my How to Update to Windows 8.1 tutorial for more help. Windows 8 Update Free Download

Barry Ferguson Straight out of the high school playbook. The fonts over there are so horrible (in all metro apps like mail, calendar,…etc.) P.S. They're making changes and improvements now, so why should any of us complain about that used to be? have a peek here Explore the IDG Network descend CIO Computerworld CSO Greenbot IDC IDG IDG Connect IDG Knowledge Hub IDG TechNetwork IDG.TV IDG Ventures Infoworld IT News ITwhitepapers ITworld JavaWorld LinuxWorld Macworld Network World

Read Article Article Make Windows 8.1 More Touchable - 10 Tips Read Article Article The 4 Best Windows 8.1 Tricks You're Not Using Read Article Article Get to Know Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Upgrade Download On a side note, why couldn't MS have just made metro some kind of dock that slides in from the left and leaves the function of the OS alone? The problem before 8.1 and Update 1 is stuff that was there was soon as you went to the start menu was hidden behind charms and settings.

Don’t be the next breach headline; secure your data wherever it lives.

Windows Phone has a settings button. 80% of what you see when you first click the start button in Windows 7, should have been a tile/button in Windows 8.x. One little tweak can have massively different results. thewags05 Except you're going to want access to the most recent version of Direct X, which is often only supported in the newest version of windows. Windows 8.1 Update Stuck Even if it is multiple accounts, these are all free apps, and should update no matter what -- and if they are not going to, a real error message should be

See How to Boot to the Desktop in Windows 8.1 for instructions.

Update: Microsoft has released yet another major update to Windows 8, called Windows 8.1 Update. One new feature in Windows 8.1, however, is the ability to configure Windows 8 to boot straight to the Desktop. Here's What You Need to Know Read Article Article What You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update Read Article Article How to Prevent Windows Updates from Crashing Your PC Read http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/we-found-new-updates-today.html Then why you mentioned it in first place?

You can boot to desktop. That's entirely your choice to live in that off color world. The size of the download will differ somewhat If your edition or architecture is different than mine, but all will be several GB in size.

As it states on the Windows Hold off on the reaction to force a restart because your computer appears hung, even if the hard drive activity light stays solid or is off.

Downtime costs money. nickscomputerfix 791,421 views 7:09 Windows Update Cannot Currently Check For Updates, Because The Service Is Not Running. Show me a touch display that runs at 120 or 144hz. PEOPLE: be aware of these software "professionals".

Here's How to Tell Read List Article Latest NVIDIA GeForce Video Card Drivers: v353.62 Released 2015-07-29 Read Article Article How To Change How Windows 10 Installs Updates Read Article Get the We've had lots of them over the years. I have been trying to find out if that would be the case. There’s no need to bounce between PC settings and the Control Panel.

Can be releasing like a "Retro Edition". Windows 8.1 is almost done installing and you should have your PC back soon.

Next you'll see Getting devices ready on a black screen, with a percentage indicator. VirtualMark Just be embarrassed for yourself for making stupid comments. This will probably go by quickly.

After that, you'll see Getting ready, then Applying PC Settings, then Setting up a few more things - these will stick around for a while,

That's the Internet age we live in.