Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Apps Not Working

8.1 Apps Not Working

Contents

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml Reply manan says: June 6, 2015 at 9:33 am not working Reply Kristen says: June 6, 2015 at 11:23 pm Ummm…. If this works for people great, but no matter what always backup before making changes. thanks ! It's working again. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/apps-not-compatible-with-8-1-but-working-on-8.html

Unfortunately you will have to wait for them with for a fix, but at least you have a workaround.This is a bug I've encountered EVERYWHERE since halfway this month on Windows What Worked for You? After fixing the registry permissions, all is well. Luckily i had a backup from earlier that day by chance. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1928119/windows-apps-working.html

Windows 8.1 Apps Won't Open

Do not ask me how! Reply Jos Ranger.. I've checked the permissions (followed the above). I've refreshed my Windo.ws 8, didn't fix it.

Reply TomM June 23, 2015 So Michael you're saying that the "fix" for an MS bug in an update is to totally reinstall Windows?? See the Application event log for messages with ESENT as the event source for more details. The idea is that you won’t have to do all of these steps, but that one or some of the initial troubleshooting tips will solve your problem sooner. Windows 8.1 Programs Not Opening Same deal others are having.

Here is a direct link to download… https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Reply linguatonica September 16, 2015 Do not agree on this suggestion.Let's think over some brands.let's take Sony Vaio serie,HP top of the gamma Wally’s Answer Rating Quick Solution (How fast can you do it?) Easy Solution (How easy is it?) Beginner-Friendly (Recommended for beginners?) Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these Sign in Don't like this video?

Now all my Apps are working normally Reply ahul says: February 16, 2015 at 3:28 pm the user does not have RSOAP Data Reply k says: February 17, 2015 at 5:06

These may pose to be grave issues as the user is unable to use certain apps which may be of utmost importance to them. Windows 8 Apps Not Opening Reply JaredCEG says: July 16, 2015 at 12:06 am This didn't work on my computer but I did finally locate the problem after several factory resets. Reply John says: October 6, 2014 at 3:13 pm The gpresult thing doesn't work work for me either same as mark Reply Scott says: October 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm this Reply Kagaya says: February 24, 2015 at 3:57 am damn!

Windows 8.1 This App Can't Open

Go to Start and type “cmd” and run it with administrator privileges by right clicking and choosing Run as administrator. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ouc1too/2014/07/22/windows-8-1-store-apps-wont-open-or-close-immediately-when-logged-on-as-a-domain-user-make-it-stop/ The issue for me was a single Windows update. Windows 8.1 Apps Won't Open Reply nhyira says: January 10, 2015 at 3:45 am didnt work here……… extra help wil be apprecitated Reply Atul says: January 10, 2015 at 12:02 pm Just added All Admistrative pacage Microsoft Apps Troubleshooter Sorted it for me too - thanks so much.

Thanks for the fix. this contact form One problem was Windows Apps becoming unresponsive How To Fix Unresponsive Native Apps After Updating to Windows 8.1 How To Fix Unresponsive Native Apps After Updating to Windows 8.1 Wondering how The store works again. Then follow these instructions… 1. Windows 8.1 Apps Close Immediately

Sign in to add this to Watch Later Add to Loading playlists... Looks like quite a good OS so far…. The following are the steps I took to solve my problem. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/apps-stopped-working-and-reinstall-windows-8-pro-64-bit.html Please apply today 🙂 Reply Parm46 says: December 9, 2014 at 11:06 am Had this issue with multiple metro apps not loading.

It's apparent that Windows 8.1 has major stability issues when it comes to apps. Windows 8 This App Can't Open it might have viruses inside the apps also)if it works, please share your success with people here so they can be helped also. Obridagada Reply Andris says: January 6, 2015 at 2:41 pm Thanks man thats worked:) Reply Andris says: January 6, 2015 at 2:41 pm Thanks man thats worked:) Reply AM says: January

Reply Wina Yanti says: January 29, 2015 at 1:14 pm Thank you so much!

Reply Yvonne Craig says: November 22, 2014 at 9:58 pm I have the issue with the app's flicking & not opening; takes me back to desktop. I signed up just to let you know, and thank you. If I'm not mistaken unless you have Pro you don't have the Group Policy editor. Apps Troubleshooter Windows 8.1 Download Reply Ken says: January 14, 2015 at 5:13 pm This led me to check our Windows 7 GPO to see what was set in Security SettingsRegistry and File System.

That worked here... The cmd prompt fix wasn't working for me either because of the same error everyone else was having. Then for those that hadn't installed Win 8 Pro or the Media pack they stuck them with a version of Win 8.1 that didn't work saying if you didn't upgrade they Check This Out Up next Windows 8.1: Store not working - Duration: 2:12.

No more text, no explanation about the "technical problem", nothing... Apps are working great as well, even on computers that previously had these Windows 8 app issues. Current settings match the settings noted above.