Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 .don't Want To Get It

8.1 .don't Want To Get It

Contents

Nice! What happens when you suddenly use access to your per-default-encrypted harddrive because the only recovery key for it is stored with your MS identity in the cloud? Read More , no matter what, you can ignore the warnings from Microsoft and stay on your current operating system (OS). this was so annoying.

I needed this page to tell me how to bypass using a MS online account he neither wants nor needs.jelabarreTuesday, 17 December 2013 16:58:48 UTCReally bad move on MS regarding the My advice is 'check if your laptop manufacturer supports the Windows update before installing it and this info is usually available on web or from support'. Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus. Some cause me to scratch my head while asking myself, "Do they really think everyone is naive?" Another question I've asked myself is, "Wow, do these really guys get paid to http://www.askvg.com/how-to-stop-automatic-forced-upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-8-1/

How To Stop Windows 8.1 Update

The very, very common reason for not wanting the update is it is massively different than 8.0, and there are all manner of problems with drivers and major, high volume, line-of-business After nearly a day of research I learned of a way to re-verify. Marie Thank you thank you thank you I work from home and my companies site will not work with 8.1.

But don't take that to mean that it's a small update: It weighs in at over half a gigabyte. THX ROY Ron F I do not have the two mentioned updates in my list. Restoring 87.6 GB of business files is no mean feat, never mind games. How To Stop Windows 8 Update In Progress FACE RECOGNITION FOR HP PROTECT TOOLS...

To those of you who asked; "why not update"?, this. Windows 8.1 Turn Off Automatic Updates More» VSDC Video Editor Pro If you really don't want to pay much for video editing software, VSDC Video Editor can do a decent a... All of these updates came August 21, 2016 and right after that my system went weird. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-update/i-dont-want-windows-81/6ced2e9d-1f40-4757-9dd5-aa8ee9e9e0a7 I won't go full nuts with host files and such, I simply keep watch at the firewall.

Reply Ken Gervais July 14, 2016 at 7:58 pm How did you know I subscribed to the blog so I could just read the titles. How To Stop Windows 8 Update Restart Maybe one day. I dont want to upgrade to windows 8.1 because it gives me issues with the fan and t=with the screen brightness. The 8.1 upgrade initially caused problems with the on-board Bluetooth but particularly with some specialized software that I run.

Windows 8.1 Turn Off Automatic Updates

Reply Ben Stegner July 16, 2016 at 5:39 pm We don't like to have article open in new tabs because that overrides the browser's default behavior. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0 I lost so much work resetting my laptop once, not about to do it again. How To Stop Windows 8.1 Update Microsoft has NEVER done anything altruistic during their existence. How To Stop Windows 8.1 Update In Progress What version of Windows are you running right now, and what are you waiting for on the free upgrade?

I had it removed by Windows technicians from my large desktop after I had a hissy fit. Reply Ben Stegner July 23, 2016 at 4:40 pm I truly don't understand this. You'll need n MS ID to make that happen to make that vertical market happen. I think I will go to Apple for my next computer I am so disgusted!!! How To Stop Windows 8.1 Update Restart

First of all open Control Panel and change View by type to Large icons. It gives me a count down of hours. Just go into u'r system and stop these banners from poping up. Features that shouldn't need to be linked to any online account.

while you pc or laptop is on. How To Stop Windows 8 Update While Updating I tentatively logged on a Voila! Adieu Mr Gates.

Microsoft has clearly mentioned on the update information page that this update enables Window 8 to update to Windows 8.1 and enables Windows RT to update to Windows RT 8.1.

lag,lag,lag! If you downgraded due to hardware / driver issues, you'd already know that. As for writing 1000+ word guides every week, I actually have time, because I wrote anywhere between 5 and 10 thousands words a day on my favorite subject, baseball. Turn Off Windows 8 Update a same with playing videos in normal mode or HD.

To hide OneDrive from File Explorer, open File Explorer and in the folder list on the left, right-click OneDrive and then click Properties. For my brother's MSWin systems, he's using LibreOffice, VLC for media playing, Seamonkey as a browser & email client, and everything else (Quicken98, Family Tree Maker7, etc) is definitely not MS Windows Vista or XP Still running older versions of Windows? This is what you can do after you've been...

i really hope you have windows 10 - harsh i know, but fair. I simply wanted plain old Windows, but improved. I especially want to thank you for your advice about moving up to 8.1. Click the Start button, then in the search box, type Programs, and then, in the list of results, click Programs and Features.

Clay Thank you, but I did exactly what you wrote, even making sure there were no updates for KB2871389 and KB3008273 when I restarted my computer and within 30 minutes, it Everything works fine for now, so I rather not waste my time in installing something that also requires me to sign in with a M. My computer is a desktop tower unit which is too heavy to bring to a computer shop, and I don't feel comfortable in having a stranger come to my home. Create two users at first.

Microsoft has confirmed that the only way to upgrade to Windows 10 after July 29 is paying full price for a copy of the OS with its own product key — Is that more important than its content? Happy to stick with Windows 7 or 8.1? Having read a number of upgrade stories, I have come to the conclusion that if you want to stay with Windows then the best approach is to either do a fresh