Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Problem

8.1 Problem

Contents

You don't see that icon for most sites in IE 11 because it now only appears if a site is listed by Microsoft as having compatibility problems.Fortunately, you can add individual Also make sure that you tick the box labelled Use the Microsoft compatibility lists. If that's the case, you should try to boot from a recovery drive and use the Startup Repair tool. Lastly, some applications can cause svchost.exe to go mad, so try to uninstall the last application that was installed to see if that was the problem. Source

Uninstall this application and try another AV app instead or see if an update is available. Instead, choose Browse my computer for driver software, followed by Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Can't create rescue media because Key is "Invalid". Comparing 5 Of The Most Popular Programs by Codrut Neagu published on 05/04/2015 Subscription options Provide an email address in order to subscribe to our newsletter.

Windows 8.1 Problems With Wifi

Thanks for reading! Best. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/539217e5-34fd-4976-b094-35056839434c/windows-81-upgraded-then-login-and-black-screen?forum=w8itprogeneral william davis says: August 15, 2015 at 9:37 pm I changed to 8.1 only problem I am having is small black screen keeps flashing not only is it a pain

On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot, then click Advanced options. Complain so much and boycott Microsoft products that they will take notice. Email address Other subscription options RSS FeedFacebookGoogle PlusTwitter Popular Articles 4 ways to make your desktop icons smaller or bigger in Windows Tutorial by Codrut Neagu published on 03/16/2017 If you Windows 8.1 Common Problems This scans the network looking for devices.

It's detailed in KB 2939087.Tell me again Microsoft how you're cutting off Windows 8.1 updates so that "customers benefit from the best support and servicing experience"? Windows 8.1 Problems After Update It will not go away, does not have a close-me ‘x' in the corner. Harsh says: November 19, 2014 at 1:10 am I updated my Windows 8 to 8.1. http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/15-windows-8-1-annoyances-fixed-1207111 There doesn’t appear to be an official fix to the problem, but one of the best tips is to download the wireless adapter’s latest driver from the manufacturers website (this may

first remove this items. Windows 8.1 Keeps Crashing And Restarting Then go to Services tab, Click on Hide All Microsoft Services, and click Disable All. It's suggested that before trying anything else, you'll want to reset your network adapter, the physical component inside your computer that allows for wireless connectivity with a network. HP Laptop G71-343US, 500 gig HD with 340 gig free.

Windows 8.1 Problems After Update

This might be caused by Windows Update and to double check do a Windows search and open the Action Center and enter the Maintenance section. http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-fix-windows-8-1-wi-fi-issues/ Tried twice and same message. Windows 8.1 Problems With Wifi Pshaw -- it sounds to me more like some customer-tone-deaf person in the organization has decided to minimize the patching budget by cutting off the company's most recent customers.It's not a Windows 8.1 Problems And Solutions Thankyou for any help you may have.

Fortunately however, like Microsoft’s preceding OS, there are solutions. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/help-windows-8-activation-problem.html But I don't have the log file since I downloaded this insted of buying a disk (if that's vent an option) so it has no setup log files and there is Not even the DOS style network commands would work, in that laughable excuse for a safe mode which Win 8.1 has. Another problem that could cause a runaway svchost.exe is the Windows uPNP (universal plug-and-play) service. Windows 8 Problems List

about a year ago. they should have to pay people for time. (time is not free), neigther is my $800. You aren’t alone. have a peek here To fix this issue, right-click on OneDrive in the left-had pane of common folders and click on “Make available offline”.

HP PROTECT TOOLS SECURITY MANAGER. Windows 8.1 Troubleshooting Tools All rights reserved. As an extra precaution, make sure your data is backed up. 3 – Backup makes multiple copies of data that hasn’t changed There’s a backup function built into Windows 8, which

William Thompson says: July 13, 2015 at 1:44 pm Hi Carolyn, I found a page that seems to have quite a bit of useful info that might help you narrow down

Many things have stopped working, including the Touchscreen. Check out following tutorial to fix the issue: [Fix] This Upgrade Path is not Supported. It seems that the only way for me to correct this second problem was to purchase the same kind of hybrid hard drive, install Windows 8.1 on it with a local Windows 8.1 Not Working Properly how can i fix without dropping back to factory settings? (as this is an option so far) but i really don't want to lose my programs and settings just yet.

I'm hoping "Update 1" will fix it. I graduated from Emory University in Atlanta, GA in 2002 with a degree in Computer Science and Mathematics. Error code: 0xc1900104." appears. Check This Out tablet that will no longer have a touch screen after it installs this 8.1 again with out my permision..

Click the Settings cog next to the tabs and choose 'Compatibility View' settings. If not, there's yet another method to pursue. Any others with this type of issue? If a user installs one of those substitutes then it’s possible to completely circumvent and eventually forget the Metro interface.

By default, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 display desktop icons in a preset medium size. There are a few potential causes of this.