Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Questions

8.1 Questions

Contents

Relearn more seemingly simple tasks in Windows 8 on the next page... Tap or click Accounts, then select Other accounts. That's what you're getting for the couple grand you put down to buy a bulk/volume license for Windows. Wtf??? http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/a-few-windows-8-1-upgrade-questions.html

Last, the keyboard shortcuts that you know and love are still in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Your new user account will be created and available for use. Use the following steps to create a child's account in Windows 8.1: Press the Windows () key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open How do I do some of the simple tasks that should be obvious to anyone?

Windows 8 And 8.1 Comparison Chart

A: To set the Desktop as your default view in Windows 8.1, right-click on any unused portion of your Taskbar, select Properties, and from the Navigation tab, in the Start screen Luckily, where Microsoft fails, others provide. For more information about Client Hyper-V, see Client Hyper-V.What's the difference between the Internet Explorer desktop and Windows 8 experiences?Both experiences are part of Internet Explorer 11; both use the same See Compare Windows 8.1 Editions for a detailed comparison.What is the different between Windows 8.1 and Windows RT devices?Windows 8.1 runs on x86 devices and you can install desktop apps on

You can remove a keyboard by clicking on it then click Remove. The new Start button does not work the same as the classic Start button. How do I access my email & calendar? Is Windows 8.1 Free Click or tap the arrow icon in the lower left corner to view the list of apps.

GVLK keys do not change the product or any functionality in windows in any way. Some Start screen apps, like Mail and Calendar, will be updated automatically when you upgrade. Next, with the Windows 8.1 Start screen displayed, press Windows Logo Key+C to pop up the Charms Bar, select Settings, Personalize, and then select your current desktop background image from the https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/gvlk-windows-8-1-questions-627166/ They even disabled the old SkyDrive desktop app.

Don’t Get Me Started Q: How do I make Windows 8.1 boot directly to my Desktop view? Windows 8 Vs Windows 10 Select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings. Windows 8.1 allows you to change the size of the app tiles on your Start Screen. why do they are so stupid in judging something they havent even tried?

Difference Between Windows 8 And 8.1 Pro

Tap or click Search and apps, then click Defaults. CARLTON COLLINS, CPA Related TOPICS Information Management and Technology Assurance I have received multiple questions concerning Windows 8.1, as follows. Windows 8 And 8.1 Comparison Chart To delete a user account, first make sure the account you want to remove is signed out and you are logged into another account. Difference Between Windows 8.1 And Windows 10 To switch back to the Start screen from the desktop, click the Start button in the lower left-hand corner.

The Remote Attestation service can also issue a secured Device Claim to the client which can then be used for access control scenarios (e.g., grant network or file access if the How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service? If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings. Difference Between Windows 8 And 10

Home OIT Help Gone GoogleOIT Tip of the WeekOS & ApplicationsCourse ManagementGmail and Google AppsInformation SecurityNetID and Access ControlNetworking Phone & TVPrintingShared File SpaceWeb PublishingOIT Help DeskRemote Assistance Service Status Network That might be more my OS. 0 3 years ago Reply Zeroplanetz Wouldn't 8.1 technically be sp1? 0 3 years ago Reply AndyCalling Really? Tap or click Delete account and data to remove the account. Early Launch Anti-Malware and Attestation are still possible without UEFI.

Next, you should confirm that your computers can support Windows 8.1. Difference Between Windows 7 And Windows 8 just like old desktop apps... Either way, you missed the (very slow moving) boat that allowed you to upgrade on the cheap. 0 3 years ago Reply _Emi_ wow....

Go to the homepage, and then look for links to the information you want.

Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended. If not, the app's developer will likely release an update to address the issue.If you are upgrading from Windows 7 or Vista, most of your apps should still work. Windows 7 and Vista support will continue until 2017, if you decide that now is not the right time to upgrade. What Is Linux Operating System Which you will pay handsomely for and is aimed at, you guessed it, the enterprise customer.

Windows 8.1 reintroduces the Start button. These improvements include changes to the Desktop, the user interface, security, and improved networking capabilities. just free upgraded version with alot of new cool things. Which Edition Should You Get?

We'd like to offer you a brief overview of Windows 8.1 and try to answer some questions you may have at this time.Windows 10 was released on July 29, 2015. Windows 8.1: Frequently asked questionsWindows 8.1 is a free update for Windows 8 tablets and PCs. Press the Windows () key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms. Windows 8.1 adds the Start button back to the Desktop.

Right-click a file, click Open with, and click Choose default program to change the program that opens that particular type of file by default. Safari Chrome IE Firefox Support Navigation Support Support Support Home Intel® Network and I/O Products Wireless Networking Frequently Asked Questions about Windows 8* and 8.1* and Intel® Wireless Products Last Reviewed: Related Links Should You Upgrade to Windows 7 About the Authors Ginny Mies, Senior Content Developer, TechSoup Related Products Windows Operating System Upgrade Windows 8.1.1 is unlike any operating system Microsoft Does Your Hardware Support Windows 8.1?