Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Reboots From Desktop

8.1 Reboots From Desktop

Contents

I've been battling this problem for 3 days including spending 3 hours on the phone with Dell's technical support team who were not able to solve the problem! Sean Thank you.... Basically less belligerence. chris Says: May 11th, 2014 at 9:39 pm Help! Source

About Ask Windows Wally Contact Us Privacy Policy Software EULAs Software Guarantee Software Support Terms of Service Uninstall Instructions The Windows Club The Windows Club covers Windows 10/8/7 tips, tutorials, how-to's, Use Windows Key+X > Click Command Prompt (Admin) In Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow Press Enter Is Your PC Healthy? Try to reset BIOS settings to default and then start the installation. Dell Technical Support is clueless and wants only to waste my time running hardware diagnostics (they always check good).

Windows 8.1 Restarting Randomly

If you are commend line oriented then, Type + R to open the ‘Run’ dialog Type either ‘shutdown /r’ for a restart or ‘shutdown /s’ for a simple shutdown and click Figure : Uninstall option at the top of the updates list Read and respond to any messages that might open while the update is being removed from your computer. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphic Card or External devices: - or it could be an overheating or BIOS issue.

This should help. Anyway, thank you for the info and hopefully problem solved. Random restarts do rarely occur on Windows 8.1 PCs. Computer Restarts Automatically Windows 8 Most of the times these kind of issues are related with the new "Hybrid Shutdown" (also known as "Fast Startup") feature introduced in Windows 8.

You need to do this so that you can read the error code, which in turn can help you troubleshoot the issue. Computer Restarts Automatically Windows 7 If anybody from Microsoft is listening, get back to where you once belonged, because Macintosh is going strong. Its been driving me crazy for the last couple of weeks. More hints The odd thing is that I went to a site I visit daily and video would load but not the chat.

Thanks so far karlocustodio Great! Windows 10 Restart Without Warning caution: Make sure you have the installation discs and installation keys for software programs that you want to keep. But this new feature is causing problems to some computer systems and if you are also facing reboot or shutdown problems in Windows 8, you can fix it by disabling this Gwynne Says: August 25th, 2015 at 4:38 pm Does this work in 64-bit architecture?

Computer Restarts Automatically Windows 7

A quite curious situation. http://www.askvg.com/fix-windows-8-restart-and-shutdown-problems-by-disabling-hybrid-shutdown-feature/ Do you get to see a Blue Screen? Windows 8.1 Restarting Randomly Using a utility like DriverDoc can make the job easier. Pc Restarts Automatically Windows 10 Could be it though.

I then need to hold down the Power Button down for 6 seconds for a forced Shut Down, wait for at least half a minute for the internal hard disk to this contact form Alex Thank you so much..... This one crash makes me think it might not be an audio driver issue...99.9% of all the crashes have resulted in a reboot to windows, with no error codes or warnings.Thanks help me plz VG ^^ It seems a Windows problem. Windows 8.1 Restarting Again And Again

The purchase of a one-year software subscription at the price of $39.95 USD is required to unlock all software features. After 3 hours of downloads, installation and configuring, it stopped at 75%. If the problem is not resolved, repeat these steps with older updates until the problem is resolved. have a peek here risc Says: September 3rd, 2014 at 8:38 pm This does not work, had this setting and today was forced to restart in the middle of something.

perfect ! Windows 8.1 Restart Problem It worked for me. Seriously though, what were those people in Microsoft thinking when they made the update..

Thanks Avram!

Lhaydii finally I think I found something that would really work , I hope it will work ( keeping my fingers cross) but after reading your positive comment I know it sirmatthewofhodgeSep 18, 2014, 9:03 PM oh wow, had to click admin.. But, I'll ask this anyway. Windows 8.1 Restart Stuck Follow the steps in the following sections to use HP Support Assistant or to check for a BIOS update at the HP website.

maybe if i turned off wifi and reset the date 1 day back so it doesn't know its time to reboot? I then changed PC settings to allow automatic updates, tried again and watched it again stop exactly at 75%. reza Thanks jeannie My Dell Inspiron laptop (win 8) froze while updating Avast software. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/at-last-a-proper-desktop-in-win8.html Maybe it OC's when it feels like it lol sirmatthewofhodgeSep 18, 2014, 10:10 PM Paul NZ said: I'm not that familiar with AMD systems.

Paul NZDec 14, 2014, 11:35 PM No probs sirmatthewofhodgeDec 27, 2014, 7:23 PM Paul, I've fixed it. alen I have shut down and restart problem after I upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10.Please help Douglas Khoo it works, thanks you so so so much. If the command in the command prompt (admin) doesn't work, shall I come back here? However, if the Automatically restart option is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place.

In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant. Dhiraj valekar i have problem to restart my lapi . robert Great, spent hours looking for solution on line, thought it was to do with graphics drivers!!! Joao Thank u so much Ben Manihera Been happening for a while, but the last time I lost info on a document I was working on.

Follow the on-screen instructions to install any updates. I didn't even know about the dump files. . Windows restarts for no apparent reason Follow the steps in this section, in order, until the problem is resolved. CPU turns on, runs then quickly overheats the thermal protection circuit in the CPU shuts the system down. - power: Depending on your graphics card you would also get the same

However, as I was going through the setup (color choice, etc.) it gave me a black screen and a restart. Nadheem Says: May 4th, 2016 at 1:20 am with Server 2012r2 this work..? Daniel Thank you very much! He's saying my GPU requires UEFI bios, but it doesn't say so on the box.

Restarting after Windows Update every time If your computer gets into an endless reboot loop, try to get into Safe Mode or access Advanced Boot Options. Claudia I have a Windows 8 lenovo. Cheers! Create a new registry key called WindowsUpdate under Windows if one does not already exist.

palanivel my laptap also shutdown proplem DuffyDuck Tank's . two on the gpu, one blowing on the ram.the scythe fans were picked because there quite skinny and the added clearance let me put all four on the case door If