Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Running Very Slow

8.1 Running Very Slow

Contents

Learn more You're viewing YouTube in German. Builders use different hardware, like motherboards, RAM, video processors (built in vs addon cards) and HD that can significantly affect perceived performance. Melde dich bei YouTube an, damit dein Feedback gezählt wird. This might also be the reason for your updated system gone lazy. Source

Solo Would seem to you have a power supply prob or memory Leave a Comment Cancel Comment Name (required) Email (will not be published) (required) Website or Blog Connect with Us However, I can barely get around on the computer. This will load a link to the Speccy log. However my system still lags a lot while steaming videos online on all websites.

Windows 8.1 Slow Performance

VG ^^ It might be possible that you disabled some required services. STEP 2: Customize System Properties to Disable Shadows and Animations By default Windows shows many eye candy effects such as animations, shadow effects, etc to enhance user interface. Thank you again so so much for this! ^_^ Nicky i extracted it then i don't know the next move. Thanks very much for this tip, it helped me a lot and improve my system perfomance.

Click the "CPU," "Memory," and "Disk" headers to sort the list by the applications using the most resources. Then another doubt that is " click on to start button opened and search any files or apps but not show any options please solve my problem.... This is amazing! Computer Running Slow Windows 7 No changes.

Alternately, an application might be using the disk a lot, causing other applications to slow down when they need to load data from or save it to the disk. A good fixed amount for 6GB of virtual ram. Thanks for the help. https://www.quora.com/Why-is-my-Windows-8-1-laptop-running-so-slow-even-though-it-has-antivirus-and-8-GB-RAM-i7-at-2-GHz-speed To confront such behavior of the system, analyze your drives followed by the defragmentation process.

I've always have been obsessed with tweaking MS Windows, ever since I got my first computer; a Tandy 486SX-33Mhz with no co-processor and Win 3.1. Laptop Running Slow Windows 7 It is imperative that the more cluttered and filled a hard drive is, the more difficult it is to read. Ola Great help, thank you! It's free, lightweight, and will let you know if you download anything suspicious.2.

Windows 8.1 Running Slow And Freezing

You won't be disappointed. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/my-windows-81-is-running-very-slow-and-freezes/d61c9b6e-8c06-40bd-b2de-4b9d937e582e?db=5 An Idiot I made the mistake of following this blog. Windows 8.1 Slow Performance Die Bewertungsfunktion ist nach Ausleihen des Videos verfügbar. Windows 8.1 Running Very Slow So you can search for them on Google.

Press "Win+R" keys together to open RUN dialog box. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/another-machine-having-very-slow-win-8-install.html You can disallow many unnecessary services to start automatically with Windows to improve system performance. In previous Windows versions the startup items list was present in system configuration manager which can be accessed using msconfig command. Observe the one making trouble, and respond consequently. Windows 10 Running Very Slow

Disabling these visual effects could lead to a considerable improvement in your system's performance especially if you are on Windows 7 or Windows Vista and using the Aero interface without a Different builders install different "additional" software that can affect performance. Close System Tray Programs Many applications tend to run in the system tray, or notification area. have a peek here Comes a point sometimes where one has no choice or it's the best step or a good step in narrowing things down.

Lyka D. Windows 8.1 Very Slow Start Instead, it stores the fragments of the file randomly, i.e storing them at whatever empty space it can find the quickest. It'll help you in disabling unnecessary eye candy effects such as shadows, animations, etc.

Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers.

Eru Thank you for the answer, just one more thing, actually the function is more like Registry Cleaner, it lists out a lot of entries and prompt me to delete them, How will it work with GTA 5?Can I run the PC game Project Cars on laptop having intel i3 processor with 2 GB graphics and 8 GB RAM?Can I run Gta You shouldn't worry about defragmentation most of the time. Why Is My Computer So Slow Windows 8 Step 3 : Click "Fix" to wipe out all bumps.

Doing some research, I did find that 2GB is what it came with new. Simply download the zip file given in following topic, extract it and you'll get "Registry Tweaks to Make Windows Faster.reg" file. Here you can click on desired program event which you want to disable and then select "(None)" from "Sounds" drop-down list. Check This Out Now you will able to see the list of temporary files, so you need to select all.d.

If you want to disable all sound notifications, select "No Sounds" from "Sound Scheme" drop-down box. 3. First thing first. Lim Does still guide still works with windows 8.1 or will you make a new one? You want to leave your computer some room to work on your hard drive.

Cheers,Drew Back to top #3 twintone twintone Topic Starter Members 26 posts OFFLINE Local time:06:47 AM Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:29 PM Thank you for your input Drew. No, Closing Background Apps on Your iPhone or iPad Won't Make It Faster How to Choose the Best VPN Service for Your Needs Follow @howtogeek More Articles You Might Like ABOUT May I ask if this function, like the same function in many optimizer programs, reverse the change I applied to the registry with your trick? VG ^^ Please provide more details.

Additional RAM will, should help the speed. Windows 8 running slow for a number of reasons. Sometime it can have negative effect on the performance of windows. Remove unnecessary startup programsStartup programs are the programs which start automatically each time a user logs on.

That's what I reckoned & why I mentioned the limitations of remote work. #2. It'll open System Properties window. 2. Keep in mind that it will increase the amount of power consumed by your computer. To defragment your hard drive, you can use the in-built Windows Disk Defragmenter utility.

They are files that contain your recently accessed files list, log files, your internet history, form history, cookies and temporary internet files.