Home > Windows 8 > [8.1] Slow Boot

[8.1] Slow Boot

Contents

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 October 2013 - 08:59 AM. When i reset it,though, and the system tries to boot for the second time, it all works like a clock. Bleeping Computer Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines link Back to top #4 hamluis hamluis Moderator Moderator 52,378 posts ONLINE Gender:Male Location:Killeen, TX Local time:06:47 AM Posted 28 October 2013 - Scanned for Malware? Source

Another important step which you have not done is to check your computer for viruses, malware, adware, trojans and rootkits. Reinstalling the Boot Loader using BCDEDIT? 2. Stay logged in Toggle Width Style MalwareTips 2.0 Home Contact Us Help Terms and Rules Privacy Policy Top About Us Our community has been around since 2010, and we pride ourselves There is another tool that is quite good for rooting out problems your anti-virus and anti-malware can't get rid of, look up ADWCleaner, it's from France. https://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/39119-win-8-1-slow-boot-startup.html

Windows 8 Slow Startup Fix

What else I did ? Best Regards, Tao Marked as answer by Tony_TaoMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:24 AM Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:02 PM Reply | Quote Moderator 0 Sign in Privacy Cookie Policy Disclaimer Adsense Contact Fix Windows 8 and 8.1 Slow Boot Issues on 32 and 64 bit [Tutorial] Palla Sridhar Solved, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 August 2, 2014 5 Ask !

I've actually shut down all those mscorsvw as a test to see if it would break my system, I never had trouble with it after I disabled it. A strange thing happened while ago, I disabled an Intel app in start-up tab in task manager. You should only enable running at startup the services/apps that you mostly need and that includes toolbars, context menus and other things. Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Black Screen What could be the cause.Click to expand...

maybe your PC is wiping pagefile.sys at Shutdown? Microsoft Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Why the heck is Win8.1 so darn slow? Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2805071/slow-boot-time-windows.html Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.

One ambiguous step I don't recommend is turning off "Pagefile" and disabling "Superfetch" and "Windows Search" services.  I found some resources to utilize this tip to improve boot speeds and computer Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell Slow Boot Have you disabled unnecessary services at startup??? Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2017 XenForo Ltd. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Back to

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Slow Boot

It would last for about 6-10 minutes. dig this I was quickly able to come to desktop screen after hibernate and shut-down (around 40 secs). Windows 8 Slow Startup Fix ADK is designed to get customized disks ready for deployment on a mass scale, like in corporations with many desktop and server PCs with identical configurations in software and hardware. Windows 8.1 Slow Startup And Shutdown But first let me tell you my experience with this boot issue.

Best Regards, Tao Marked as answer by Tony_TaoMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:24 AM Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:02 PM Reply | Quote Moderator 0 Sign in http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/another-machine-having-very-slow-win-8-install.html windows 8.1 startup loading too slow in Performance & Maintenance Hi everyone, I have windows 8.1 professional version x64, upgraded from windows 8, and I made the setup one year ago, Great.. Quickly fix PC issues and prevent others from happening with this software: Download ReimagePlus (100% safe download and endorsed by us). Windows 8 Slow Startup Black Screen

It's part a bigger package called "Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit". (ADK). Computer Type Laptop System Manufacturer/Model Number Lenovo Ideapad Y500 OS Windows 8.1 CPU i7-3632QM Memory 8 GB Graphics Card Nvidia GT650M 2GB DDR5 Screen Resolution 1980 X 1080 Internet Speed 256 Hmm. have a peek here Don't scratch your head!!!

Was it simple to use the WPR ? Startup Services To Disable In Windows 8 Privacy statement  © 2017 Microsoft. And there's no way to activate it in these power options.

If you are an expert or administrator, you can further analyze these logs for further study.

Don’t open any unknown file types, or download programs from pop-ups that appear in your browser. my PC became very slow .. The download size was around 3.2 GB (WPT only) (don't  be fooled by the setup file size which is only 1.2 MB) and the size is bigger if you want to Lenovo Slow Startup Windows 10 Having less services at startup will decrease boot time and probably speed up a little Shutdowns. (for security reasons if you're going to disable a service, always put it in Manual

Bleeping Computer Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines link Back to top #10 daglesj daglesj Members 2 posts OFFLINE Local time:11:47 AM Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:52 AM I had Startup occasionally very slow in Performance & Maintenance I have a Windows 8 desktop PC about 12 months old Usually startup is fast - under 1 minute. That this can be the only cause. Check This Out Let me know if those helped a little!

Ask ! for sure geek only. I disabled everything I could on the startup tab with no improvement. Published on Feb 19, 2016Sometimes the "fast startup" files get corrupted and there is a long delay in starting Windows.