Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Slow Startup Solved! (but What's The Explanation)

8.1 Slow Startup Solved! (but What's The Explanation)

Contents

Privacy Cookie Policy Disclaimer Adsense Contact Fix Windows 8 and 8.1 Slow Boot Issues on 32 and 64 bit [Tutorial] Palla Sridhar Solved, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 August 2, 2014 5 Because it takes a good internet connection and bandwidth to download this tool, some important time to create logs and mind skills to analyze these reports. Secondly use programs such as CCleaner to clean useless files and registry. What else I did ? have a peek here

But there are pros and cons using this step. I suggest to backup all of your data either using the broken and slow Windows 8.1 installation or something like a Linux Live CD. On modern versions of Windows -- that is, Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 -- it's easier to get a fresh Windows installation than ever. If you don't see Startup Settings but need access to the startup modes on that menu, see How To Start Windows 10 or Windows 8 in Safe Mode for help. https://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/39806-8-1-slow-startup-solved-but-whats-explanation.html

Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Fix

Lailson Level 13 Joined: Jan 3, 2014 Messages: 607 Likes Received: 3,155 I had a problem here that can solve on hibernation The Tune Up 2014 has an option to disable If any application is using too much resources, you might want to close it normally -- if you can't, select it here and click "End Task" to force it to close. This is an helpful article from Microsoft in such scenarios. The problem is only with re-start.

Fortunately, Windows 10 is born with anti-virus software: Windows Defender - software that can detect and remove viruses. Is there anyway to access the data to attempt to find out how or what Windows Troubleshooter is going through sequentially? Once given, it will re-start three times, each time recording the boot scenario. Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell Slow Boot Note 2: If Turn on fast startup is already checked before you make any change, disable it and save the change, then enable it and save the change.

Error code = 0x0 Time taken = 0 ms Test Performed: ------------------ Name: Event log diagnosis Result: Completed successfully. Worst case scenario you will need to get a hold of a Windows 8.0 OEM installation media from someone else or (try) the ASUS support. We've published articles on troubleshooting hard drive failures: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-diagnose-and-fix-a-dead-hard-drive-to-recover-data/ But in your case the first step I'd take is to use a livedisk to determine whether or not the hard drive go to this web-site Read Article Article How Do I Automatically Repair Windows Problems?

You don't need any third-party software -- just running the Disk Cleanup tool included in Windows can help quite a bit. Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Black Screen You should also consider enabling click-to-play plug-ins. If that is the only problem, you can remove useless programs from the startup menu by using msconfig. Cool Tip: Soluto is a decent software to help you analyze Windows startup issues.

Windows 8 Slow Startup Fix

Best Solution to Solve your Windows 8 or 8.1 - 32 bit or 64 bit Boot Problems ? hop over to this website My irritation started when the 64 bit was taking like 2 minutes or so, to boot-up. Windows 8.1 Slow Boot Fix etc.. Windows 8 Slow Startup Black Screen How to Fix Windows 10 Slow Bootup Issue By searching the internet and putting into practice, we have summarized 11 solutions for "slow startup Windows 10" for Windows 10 users to refer

It is worth mentioning that the Nvidia and AMD graphics driver can be disabled from the startup without affecting the graphic performance of your system. navigate here To be extra safe, scan your computer with an antivirus program. Step 2: It opens the Group Policy Editor window. But which one to and which one not to ? Windows 8.1 Slow Startup And Shutdown

Reply Chris Hoffman May 3, 2013 at 10:52 am Yes, Fast Startup would most likely cause problems if Windows 8 is installed on an old machine with faulty drivers. When I checked others on BootRacer site, I found that some computers were even able to boot-up in 7 to 8 seconds. The article didn't say- just left that detail dangling. Check This Out Those logs are stored as files with .etl extension.

After upate complete ur boot up may be slow, So for improvement follow the steps: 1) Go to Control Panel and install updates ( important updates) via win update. 2) Check Windows 8 Startup Repair Command Prompt i will work fine in 1 or 2 days after the upgrade.. The easiest way to access ASO depends on the situation you're in that's prompting the need to use one of these tools.See How To Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Under File I/O I checked Size by Process, Duration by Process and Count by Process windows.

If it starts some recovery or repair feature, I'll give a short description and link to more detailed information on that feature if I have it.Note: If you've configured a dual-boot Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Systems -> Troubleshooting and Diagnostics-> Windows Boot Performance Diagnostics. Here tick on the checkbox that says Turn on fast startup and save the changes. Startup Services To Disable In Windows 8 Download CleanMyPC for Free Today Find Resource-Hungry Programs Your PC is running slow because something is using up those resources.

Read More . Tweet 5 Comments Yash A May 24, 2015 First of all its good to go to control panel and install updates ( important updates) via win update. Sep 3, 2014 How-to Guide How To Fix Slow Windows Startup Using Windows Boot Performance Diagnostics How-To Guides and Security Tips May 28, 2014 Log in with Facebook Log in with this contact form make-use-of-logo logo-background menu search search-start close email bookmark facebook google twitter pinterest stumbleupon whatsapp amazon youtube youtube label-rectangle triangle-long down PC & Mobile Windows Mac Linux Android iPhone and iPad Internet

Meanwhile, just a few days ago, we received a message left on our site by Blujacket. So one remedy I hypothesized was that, probably the latest updates would decrease my boot times and solve my performance issues.