Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Update 1

8.1 Update 1

Contents

The updates are planned for the Lumia 710, Lumia 735, Lumia 820, Lumia 925, and the Lumia 930 smartphones... 8.1 update Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 rolls out for ATIV S Oh noes! I hardly used it. Microsoft. Source

Does that mean there are only 20 others? we are all disgusted with all these changes and trying to HOOK US with this or that -- Microsoft ID being at the top of my list!!! Jaran Gaarder Heggen why is it less efficient? October 20, 2013. ^ "Microsoft takes a step to get Windows 8 users current with new automatic update".

Windows 8.1 X64 Update Download

It's a disaster either way -- I have a touch screen and bluetooth keyboard as backup. Retrieved April 5, 2014. ^ "One Windows, all devices: The new Microsoft app strategy unveiled". Any phone that can survive a regular (accidental) drop has her vote for best handset. and then Toyota prevailed.

Follow Us Facebook How To Fix Buy Do More About Us Advertise Privacy Policy Careers Contact Terms of Use © 2017 About, Inc. — All rights reserved. Do you need to handed a platter of food, and hand fed when you eat? Ray C They made mistakes. Upgrade To Windows 8.1 From Windows 7 there's a metro Calculator and a desktop Calculator ..

Microsoft is now trying to win back the closed minded fools that wanna stick with the old interface by trying to make metro and desktop marry up nicely. Windows 8.1 Update Download Retrieved October 22, 2013. ^ "Microsoft tweaks Windows 8.1 again to help new users". IDG. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/178091-how-to-download-and-install-windows-8-1-update-1-for-free-right-now A lot of politicians constantly speak "the people speaking out" but a lot of time the "people" are just a handful of activist and people they were able to get riled

Only the desktop IE requires invoking the OSK from the taskbar. Windows 8 Update Free Download But where does that stop? You program the #1 used OS in the world that needs to run and interact with thousands of different hardware combinations and see how long it takes you to push out You have the option of a downloadable ISO file or a boxed copy you'll receive in the mail.If you're looking to download a standalone copy of Windows 8.1 but aren't happy

Windows 8.1 Update Download

Linux is open source and free, and that tells you beta still, and should be left alone in the first place. Ray C You are the idiot complaining about something you don't even have to see. Windows 8.1 X64 Update Download CNET. Windows 8.1 Upgrade To Windows 10 The autocomplete dictionary is also automatically updated using data from Bing, allowing it to recognize and suggest words relating to current trends and events.[59][60] Similarly to Windows Phone, certain apps now

Retrieved May 17, 2014. ^ Darien Graham-Smith (September 19, 2013). "Farewell to the Windows Experience Index". http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/can-win-8-1-be-downloaded-as-a-standalone-update.html Updates! Retrieved September 24, 2013. ^ "Outlook finally coming to Windows RT tablets". However, the rollout at the time was limited to just phones with Austrian region branding... Windows 8.1 Updates

When I first used it, I didn't know how to shut down or log off. Really these upgrades are so minor that it's not worth bothering with, but I had to upgrade as I bought a new laptop. Not. have a peek here InfoWorld.

Redmond, WA: Microsoft Press. Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant zydrius32 You‘re wrong Madis, I‘ve just checked this. Its been about 15 minutes and I've still got 35 left….I'll update after the update.

But Windows 8.x is tweakable, and you can pretty much tweak the metro out ..

I don't even work for Microsoft, and I laugh at all the complaints. All 8.1 PC's work great without touchscreen, the tablets work great with touchscreen or when i plug the mouse in and use the type2 cover (or any other keyboard i feel Can be releasing like a "Retro Edition". Windows 8.1 Update Stuck My desktop or laptop experience is NOT a tablet experience, and requires a lot of different ergonomic movements, different mousing, different data entry.

But the option was not enabled by default and the operating system was still booting directly to Start Screen. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2058683/new-windows-8-1-requirements-strand-some-users-on-windows-8.html So when MS cut off support for Windows 8 in 2 years, those people will be stranded with a unsupported OS….what a way to reward loyalty lol Gene get a All 8.1 and update 1 did was simplify Windows 8 and give people more options on how to do something. Check This Out Just another made excuse to make Microsoft do something they don't need to do in the first place.

As a matter of fact, I don't know anyone who uses it on a desktop or laptop who hasn't figured it out. Microsoft put the cart before the horse and got burned. The average user is scared of having to stumble on solutions.