Home > Windows 8 > 8.1 Won't Boot

8.1 Won't Boot

Contents

System Repair fails. Back to top #11 JohnC_21 JohnC_21 Members 17,333 posts OFFLINE Local time:04:52 AM Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:13 PM If the shift F8 option that technonymous suggested does not Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed. Maybe there's a way to revert the program back to pre-edit state? http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/boot-windows-8-in-safe-mode-when-you-cant-boot-normally.html

Ran bootrec fixrmb, fixboot and scanos rebuildbcd. The reason I disconnected the slave drive was coz in command prompt drive C was showing as D and vice versa. Does the computer have a dvd drive or only USB? View our Virus and Spyware Removal Guide Back to Top 11. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525027/windows-81-wont-boot-cant-access-anything/

Windows 8 Won't Boot Up

Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close This video is unavailable. At the Dell logo during restart, tap the key repeatedly until you see Entering Setup in the top right corner of the screen. Sign in to make your opinion count.

Big mistake. Tools used in this troubleshooting include System Restore, Automatic Repair (formerly Startup Repair) and System Refresh. You will need to burn the iso image with Imgburn or any burning software that can burn images. Windows 8.1 Not Booting Black Screen You can transfer the files using a linux distro like Puppy linux or FATdog64 which can boot if Secureboot is enabled and with a EFI partition.

Tutorial for fixing Windows 8.1 if it doesn’t boot: Hardware related issues: One or more of your hardware devices might malfunction during a power up of the Windows 8.1 device thus Windows 8.1 Won't Boot Black Screen First Time Here? After it was finished preparing it went to "Diagnosing your PC".

If your Windows 8.1 loads up then one of the apps you disabled is causing your system to crash.

Maybe there's a way to revert the program back to pre-edit state? Windows 8 Not Starting Up Automatic Repair Is that lights out for my computer? United States Do more with Dell Employee & Student Discounts Partner Program Dell Outlet TechCenter Make a Payment About Dell Investors Company Information Corporate Social Responsibility Customer Engagement Careers Dell Newsroom You may have to disable Secureboot in BIOS in order for the Kaspesky Disk to boot.

Windows 8.1 Won't Boot Black Screen

Additional batteries are affected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-81-crashed-wont-boot-no-recovery-disk/8cb33444-c3b8-43f1-b9b9-30a0e9ec3f18 Click on your preferred search engine below, then describe your problem, including any specific error messages. Windows 8 Won't Boot Up For example, on the Inspiron N5110. Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop I thought it would take me days to find a solution but your post came up right away.

You may have to disable Secureboot in BIOS in order for the Kaspesky Disk to boot. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/boot-on-dvd-win-8.html Click Here if Your Computer Does Not Complete POST Back to Top 4. So I rebuilt the bcd and still the same. Also you can write us below in the comments section of the page if you have any other questions regarding this article or tell us if the methods above worked for Windows 8.1 Won't Boot After Update

Refreshing my PC would not work because the "Hard drive was locked". On the Troubleshoot page, select Advanced options. Click below to change the operating system. http://scanrelief.com/windows-8/cannot-boot-windows-8-pro-x86-unless-i-press-f12-network-boot.html Back to top #4 theColeHardTruth theColeHardTruth Topic Starter Members 10 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Local time:04:52 AM Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:48 AM When you say that the computer won't

Sign in 17 Loading... Windows 8 Won't Boot Black Screen If not then you have to boot off a disc and get into a recovery console that way. Do you think safe mode could be damaged somehow?

Try doing a system restore in your Windows 8.1 system to get your system to a previous state and possibly fix any issues you might have encountered.

Under Windows 8, they have a "Secure Boot" configuration that prevents booting from CD/DVD. But my computer came with no recovery disc. Yes No Send us feedback Feedback shows invalid character, not accepted special characters are <> () \ Send Feedback Sorry, our feedback system is currently down. Windows 8 Not Booting Black Screen Attempted fix boot problem from the advanced menu but that didn't fix anything.

In order to do this you will need to download the Kaspersky Rescue Disk iso. For more information, refer to the Dell knowledge-base article How to Use Forced ePSA to Recover from POST or Boot Failure. Since restarting, my computer will no longer boot in any form at all, be it in safe mode or otherwise. this contact form Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 lifesagame lifesagame Members 10 posts OFFLINE Local time:12:52 PM Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:50

Please try again later. Got it!